I have been a vegetarian for a bit over a month now. I don't remember exactly when it started. It seems like it has been more than a month, easily.
It wasn't something I consciously wanted to be at this point in time. I have thought about becoming a vegetarian at some point in my life but it wasn't going to happen any time soon.
Now, I feel like eating any kind of meat is just wrong. It just feels wrongggg.
A while ago, when I was home, my parents were eating meat kababs and I felt like telling them that they are committing sin. I felt like it was a sin! And guess what, I am far from being religious neither are my parents too religious. I was at a family reunion this past week and for lunch on Saturday, all main dishes were meat and they all looked gooood! I told myself that I will try to eat meat this one time because there is nothing else and because it looked so delicious, I wanted to eat it. I took it in my plate and the thought that its meat ran through my head, I couldn't eat it.
I am learning how to make sure I am getting all required nutrients. Lately, I have been concentrating on protiens and taking vitamins. Soon I will need to start thinking about iron, magnesium, folate and all.
I am just not eating meat. It seems like soon I won't be eating eggs either. I am liking my eggs a lot these days, though :(.
No comments:
Post a Comment