I am on my way home.
He had been working on an email to send to me when I contacted him.
I have mixed feelings right now. It was really pleasant. We were right back to where we had left off for the connection. Our ability to talk was exactly the same. We joked around.
He mentioned many things that he realized about relationships after ours ended - most of the problems we had. Both of us tried to stay away from details that would hurt the other person. He apologized for a lot of it.
No wonder he was emotionally done in about an hour.
We will meet up again. Both of us want to be friends. I'm concerned that by the third meeting, the ugly will rear its head unless we are both very careful.
I told him an ex story, to which he said something along the lines of, wouldn't it be amazing if all ex's had the decency to disappear from the world. I teased him back.
I feel at peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment