Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Post-wedding blues.

I don't know if there is such a thing. But I am feeling it.

The biggest event of my life is done. I am thinking about all the little mistakes that were made. The fact that I wasn't smiling when we exchanged rings, or when I walked down the aisle, I don't know if I had a smile on my face. I shouldn't have picked my wedding jewellery literally the  night before. I should have tried the dress on with the jewellery to make sure that is what I wanted to look like. I should have thought twice about getting my hair done the way it was. No one would say that I did not look good, and I do think I looked good, but I could have prepared more, instead of winging many details.

I bought the cake topper and forgot all about it. It did not make it to the cake until the cake reached the venue - and then the topper broke.

Our DJ pissed me off with his attitude and lack of effort. I did not have our entrance songs figured out. I literally chose my entrance, one I had liked many months ago, when I was getting ready on the day of the wedding. Our valima song was chosen while we were waiting at the venue, and we just went with DJ's recommendation - a song I did like. I am finding new music that I wish I had before the wedding. I would have loved to play it at the wedding.

Like this for example:

Laung Gawacha, a folk song, and it's Coke Studio rendition.


I know I was tired out of my mind before the wedding. I did not care about all those details. But I wish I had the time and the energy. Now, with  more people getting married soon after me, who have/would have the time to make their wedding way better I would feel jealous. Happy for them, but also jealous. I know I really, really shouldn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment