Thursday, September 1, 2016

I thought Fundamentals of Caring would be a boring, cheesy movie.

By the end of it, as possibly intended, this is what I was left with:

Life is really fucking short. Years go by, a child grows to adulthood, and you grow out your prime years in no time. You have lived the productive years of your life. Nothing lets you recognize time going by like a child growing up.

Like life, marriage too is impermanent. Who has not known that. I got married with complete knowledge of the statistics. But now it hits me on another level.

We know if a couple loses their child, the chances of divorce increase exponentially. That is one of the background plots in the movie. Being newly married, it struck home. Life is short, anything can go wrong. Having a child is a huge gamble that can open you up to lifelong suffering that you (most-likely) endearingly embrace. And divorce as expensive as it may be, is not unimaginable.


Solution? Create happiness, success and love. You cannot sustain happiness, success and love without putting in the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment