I didn't wake up particularly happy this morning. But I remembered the 'now' promise and actually became aware of the present. This is so marvelous that I can bring my attention to the bed that I am sitting on, the sunlight peering through the window and feel attentive and fully awake within moments.
I had a few moments of awe today, just by noticing my happiness. There's nothing really special that happened today. Nothing at all. My day wasn't even as productive as it could have been. I actually have something to be disappointed about, but I am not. Except an ad on the subway told me that I have a great body. Now, how can that not make me happy!
:)
:)
I guess I should be grateful that I know what things excite me in life. Today was a good day in a way because I was reminded of things I am passionate about. Just remembering that had me full of excitement and gratitude :).
There were times though, during the day, when I couldn't get out of my head. I tried all things I could think of. I tried paying attention to my breath, I tried to bring my attention to physical objects near me, I even tried eating a delicious sub just to direct my attention to the flavour. None of it worked. Then, I gave up. My mind was elsewhere and I just couldn't concentrate on the task on hand.
The happiness, however, was back shortly after. I find myself more willing to take on new things when I am actually feeling happier, which is exactly what happened.
I am really excited to see this 'now-living' unfold. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment