We are all either very stupid or very smart in a very dumb way. We could be just as innocent as a kid who would believe that the tooth fairy would bring it money in exchange for a tooth. Or we might be extremely smart like, well, for lack of a better example, ourselves. So smart that we're doing the right thing but we don't know what or why we're doing it.
Here we are creating illusions to believe in something that either gives a purpose to our lives or gives us a reason to live. Either makes us want to take care of others or see human beings as free from evil. There are also the ones that let us believe that everything is ok or what you see as truth is the truth. And then there is undeniable belief in Universal truths. Oh and not to forget the deepening relativism and belief in one's own perspectives.
We have created a gazillion illusions around us. They all do one thing. They adhere to us, to keep us psychologically healthy. I hope I didn't offend anyone there, but I don't think you'd disagree. No matter what you believe in, evil nature being innate to human beings or a byproduct of society, it provides you with some relief. Does it not? If you believed you had the correct presuppositions about the world and you find out you were living a lie (think Matrix)... Isn't that scary? Let's imagine you believed you have the complete code of God's law and you met with Hades (God of the underworld - that's a metaphor, if you ARE a monotheist, I know you don't believe in Hades). Hades/underworld represents chaos (Thanks Jordan Peterson!). Imagine you met with absolute chaos caused by yourself for your own self and you believed you had the complete code. How would you justify that? You will, I know you will. And so will those who believe there must be no God because that is how strong our power of rationality is, or should I say our brilliance lie?
Our conscious (as in; the awake part of our subconscious) is either amazingly, breathtakingly dumb or our subconscious is brilliant beyond our comprehension. You can call that God or I can call that subconscious. Guess what they all are? The illusions we create... for a good reason!
No comments:
Post a Comment