Thursday, February 16, 2017

I am being stupid. I am watching Shahrukh Khan's Dilwale.

SRK's excitement after their first date made me realize I would never have that again.

And then I remembered our first date. No one has made me feel the way W did on that first date. To be fair, we had been talking for a while before that first date, so there was enough of a comfort level.

He seemed smart, ambitious, keenly observant, and someone who had a good grasp on life. I could tell he was trying to impress me :p, and I admit I was pretty impressed.

I felt like as long as I was with him that day, I was safe... in a weird sort of a way. Like there was bubble wrap around us. I was pretty unaware of the rest of the world. It was just us. Even though we were in an area I have spent enough time in, it still seemed new. It almost felt like my feet weren't on the ground. I didn't want the evening to end.

No one had asked me the kinds of questions he was asking. There was insight in those questions, like he knew a thing or two about life, and living. I had to take quite some time to calm myself down that night. It was weird. I felt undone, but also really attracted. Like he had started to peel my layers off in a very delicious sort of a way.

No wonder I felt so attracted. The questions were deep. Like he actually cared.


No comments:

Post a Comment