Thursday, March 17, 2016

I love her.

https://www.facebook.com/theworkofthepeople/videos/10153967066765682/

"I just assumed that people were sucking on purpose just to make me mad"

It takes me a back to a power and leadership conversation I was having with classmates. I am deeply uncomfortable with telling people what to do. I am comfortable with determining a course of action and getting consensus to act on it. I am comfortable (as inherently uncomfortable that conversation is) to talk to people about life getting in the way of responsibilities. I have to respect autonomy of other people, and I can't tell them what to do - unless it's just a task and there's enough consensus reached for me to be able to express that.

A. Q. (therapist in making) said "that's because of your values."

I didn't see it as my values. I thought, and even considered that same day, that it was my weakness.


Every time I have been deeply offended  by someone, I assume they act in xyz ways because they choose not to be better, or worse, they have poor intentions towards me.


Boundaries. My (therapist) prof commented on my response to an ethical dilemma with "that's because you have boundaries."

Do I have good boundaries though?

"BIG: what Boundaries need to be in place for me to be in my Integrity and make the most Generous assumptions about you?"

I like how a lot of the research in the field is insightful because of its qualitative nature. It studies people and experiences as opposed to numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment