I didn't realize how strong of a value 'service to humanity' is to me.
While deconstructing an ethical issue, I have had to journal several times to deal with my frustration. The dilemma also makes me fearful for my long-term prospects. This situation had to do with a client with passive thoughts of suicide. I have been concerned for the level of suffering that a passively suicidal client deals with.
One drawback of dealing with suicidal clients frequently is that you develop an insensitivity to lower risks of suicide.
Along with all this, my thoughts are also laced with a fear of my lack of clinical knowledge and best practices. Am I being too idealistic about support? Do I just plain lack knowledge? Do I not have knowledge of decision making models?
Ultimately, I feel very strongly about making sure my client gets the support.
No comments:
Post a Comment