I was driving to work this morning, with radio playing loudly in the car. A thought came to me and I needed to pay attention to it, so I turned the radio off. As soon as I turned the radio off, I noticed the almost hail like ice pellets falling against the windshield. And then the moving cars. I realized everything was moving, but everything was still. For that moment, all the cars going East on 401, both express and collector, and all the cars going West were moving at about 70km/h.
No one was rushing. No one was faster or slower than anyone else. It seemed like we were all driving at the same speed. It lasted for longer than a moment. It was a weird moment of peace. It felt like it was a coordinated effort.
I don't know if that was a moment of oneness. I didn't feel merged into them, didn't lose my sense of self, but we were all on the same road, it was loud yet peaceful. Like the sound of rainfall, like everyone on the road was enjoying the sound of the rainfall.
No one was rushing. No one was faster or slower than anyone else. It seemed like we were all driving at the same speed. It lasted for longer than a moment. It was a weird moment of peace. It felt like it was a coordinated effort.
I don't know if that was a moment of oneness. I didn't feel merged into them, didn't lose my sense of self, but we were all on the same road, it was loud yet peaceful. Like the sound of rainfall, like everyone on the road was enjoying the sound of the rainfall.
No comments:
Post a Comment