I came across this on edge.org and my anxieties about decision making immediately "hung together" :p.
Then I had another insight the other day, while shopping and trying to make those decisions. It was just that my anxieties stay at bay when I know my expectations are clear and high. That's what I need. Clear expectations and not settling for less than what I want.
So far, my expectations have been clear to me. But they are definitely not being satisfied by what is out there. So, I am stuck between having to compromise in ways I do not want to.
This helps.
Calvin's Law of Coherence
When things "all hang together," you have either gotten the joke, solved the puzzle, argued in a circle, focused your chain of logic so narrowly that you will be blindsided—or discovered a hidden pattern in nature. Science, in large part, consists of imagining coherent solutions and then making sure that you weren't fooled by a false coherence as in astrology.
Then I had another insight the other day, while shopping and trying to make those decisions. It was just that my anxieties stay at bay when I know my expectations are clear and high. That's what I need. Clear expectations and not settling for less than what I want.
So far, my expectations have been clear to me. But they are definitely not being satisfied by what is out there. So, I am stuck between having to compromise in ways I do not want to.
This helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment