Sunday, January 7, 2018

Time

My perception of time is changing.

I have understood time as linear. Time always followed the lead of my biological time. My life has been a scaffold for time. Of course I understand time before me, and after me, but have had a different relationship with my time.

I realized this when a friend texted me that she dreamt that I was pregnant. I responded with "hope not until XYZ". All of a sudden, "time" was back on the table. Thoughts about my biological age and its linear relationship with the passing of time became prominent.

I realized how the relationship between time and its defining factor - my life - has been dissolving. Time is not about my linear (seeming) life. Life is not about the annual stacking of experiences and achievements until the end of my life.

Age is a linear concept. And my life is not dependent on that concept any longer.

Linear time, instead, seems to be taking the shape of phases. They are getting stacked on top and beside each other, to make space for all the other phases in the short span of my occurrent life.

This perception is strangely freeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment