My perfectionism is acting up again. Now it has to do with our furniture.
Both W and I are extremely particular about what we like. So far we have customized most of our furniture. We haven't bought a single "set", except for the nightstands that came with the bed.
However, as much as I love the idea of the freedom to customize exactly to my tastes, practically, it's a decision making hell!
While trying to figure out the kinds of cushions I want on our couch, I found myself on fabricland's website. There I was, thinking about sewing our own cushions. I have already toyed with the idea of making our own coffee table.
But who has the time, or the skill? Neither one of us. But the idea of having things exactly how you want them, and starting a new project that no one these days engages with, and literally making a place your home is C-O-O-L!
I am either a bored, suburban wife or a "cool", city-dwelling hipster.
Let's not forget, I have work, classes and a steeep learning-curve of a placement.
Oh, and a new marriage.
Both W and I are extremely particular about what we like. So far we have customized most of our furniture. We haven't bought a single "set", except for the nightstands that came with the bed.
However, as much as I love the idea of the freedom to customize exactly to my tastes, practically, it's a decision making hell!
While trying to figure out the kinds of cushions I want on our couch, I found myself on fabricland's website. There I was, thinking about sewing our own cushions. I have already toyed with the idea of making our own coffee table.
But who has the time, or the skill? Neither one of us. But the idea of having things exactly how you want them, and starting a new project that no one these days engages with, and literally making a place your home is C-O-O-L!
I am either a bored, suburban wife or a "cool", city-dwelling hipster.
Let's not forget, I have work, classes and a steeep learning-curve of a placement.
Oh, and a new marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment