I've been having scary dreams lately, with the same theme.
A few weeks ago I dreamt I was in a dark parking lot and couldn't find the car. I dropped the keys, and as soon as I was about to pick them up, I noticed some creepy looking men looking at me. I became more vigilant and decided to not pick up the keys.
Then I was sitting on top of a container, with other large containers gathered around me to keep them from getting to me. I tried to talk to them in my dream to let me be, but they continued to walk towards me. I had a brief moment of imagining what would happen next and at that point, I woke up.
Last night, similar dream. I am looking for the car again and I can't find it. This is on a city street. The car was parked on a side street right off a main-ish street.
I walk into a side street and there's one guy ahead of me. He looks dangerous. I hear him say something like "there's no escape from this street" to himself. I decide to leave upon hearing that. I don't see the car anyway. He notices me when I turn around and asks me something, and almost as if I heard what he said. I respond to make him feel heard and quickly leave. I realize the end of that street was dark. There really was no escape.
I come back to the main street. I check a few other streets but its dark. I then stumble upon a shopping plaza which is better lit. I ask this guy where the street is. He's Asian. I realize I'm trusting him. Then he says "you can always come home with me," suggestively. I realize how uninformed it is of me to trust this person only because of his better lit surroundings and normal looking clothes.
I turn to this woman, who looks off too. But while she's telling me something, I see a police officer. I go to him. The woman gestures to try to tell me something about him but I don't understand.
I feel safer as I sit in the one-room office that really doesn't look like police's office. I sit there. We talk. Not across from each other on a desk. There's no desk. The police officer has a stain on his shirt and doesn't look well kept, which makes me wonder if I am safe with him.
We step out. It is the morning. I see that night before there was a riot on those same streets and riot police is everywhere, cleaning up the streets.
We walk over to a car, from where me, this other guy, male police officer and a female one are to get on a truck. But I feel unsafe again. I think to call up a friend at that point, and that's when I wake up.
All the while, the fear is that I am not safe. While sitting by the police officer, I wonder if he will attack me. The concern every time is about physical safety, about being raped.
All the while, the fear is that I am not safe. While sitting by the police officer, I wonder if he will attack me. The concern every time is about physical safety, about being raped.
I haven't watched any tv shows. or movies lately. I am not sure where all of this is coming from.
No comments:
Post a Comment