Was listening to You have been loved by George Michael and the following stuck out at me:
But that verse made me wonder about how we make life difficult in the littlest of ways. Regular stress in relationships, at work, financial stresses etc. All the kinds that don't at all threaten relationships/status, but exist as stress. We have more of this in life than major life changing stress.
It made me wonder if I am a moron for directing efforts elsewhere. If I am doing anything worthwhile at all to make life a teensy bit easier to live for people around me... Made me wonder how much a part of stress I am in other peoples lives...
The song itself is about a mother who has lost her child, which then questions her faith in God. It's a painful yet beautiful song.It's a cruel world
You've so much to prove
And heaven help the ones who wait for you
But that verse made me wonder about how we make life difficult in the littlest of ways. Regular stress in relationships, at work, financial stresses etc. All the kinds that don't at all threaten relationships/status, but exist as stress. We have more of this in life than major life changing stress.
It made me wonder if I am a moron for directing efforts elsewhere. If I am doing anything worthwhile at all to make life a teensy bit easier to live for people around me... Made me wonder how much a part of stress I am in other peoples lives...
No comments:
Post a Comment