Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lol, so I realized that I have never wondered if I believe in the achievability of enlightenment.

I would say I have no real evidence either way. Only arguments.

But there is also no way to prove it either way if there is no way to define/operationalize it.

Luckily, psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, artificial intelligence and philosophy are working together to try to understand 'consciousness'. At least we have some work being done on it using scientific principles.

----------
I want to keep my head buried in big issues that make you look at every perspective and evaluate them to try to understand that big huge problem - one you will never find a final solution to, but keeps you excited. And at the same time, some smaller applicable issues that can be understood with relatively little effort - applicability of which would be an issue. I also want to be involved with the process of efficiently applying new insights and bringing about changes.

How is anyone supposed to do all of that with the living of life? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment